This course is both flexible and unique in that it offers Business professionals and ambitious individuals the opportunity to learn, manage and practice within their preferred specialization via the public/private ‘Procurement Pathway’ or ‘Management Pathway’ but also gives students the opportunity to combine modules from both pathways via the MBA ‘General Pathway’ instead of opting for one specialization
|Course Title||Master of Business Administration with Specialisations in Management / Procurement|
|Study Mode||Full time|
|Campus||Alexander College, Larnaca|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Accreditation||Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (DI.P.A.E)|
Content and Duration
This MBA programme has a total credit value of 90 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System) and a duration of 18 months over three semesters. The first two semesters of the course are divided into four 8-week terms (Terms A, B, C, D) and the entire third and final semester is referred to as Term E.
Lectures take place 2-3 times per week and are scheduled for the evenings and/or Saturdays and each class is approximately two hours. The course structure focuses on only three Modules per term permitting for better workload management and an increased scope for success. During the third Semester (Term E), students will only take one module in addition to preparing and completing their Dissertation. Start dates are subject to confirmation and can vary but as a general guideline, the 1st semester usually begins in late September, the 2nd Semester typically commences in mid-January and the final Semester begins in May.
Two foundation modules in Accounting and Economics are also offered prior to the commencement of the MBA programme to better prepare students for the MBA programme however, these modules are entirely optional and do not carry any credit value.
Good to Know
The course was developed to work around your busy schedule so whichever pathway you decide to follow, your study load will never exceed more than 3 modules per term, your lecture sessions will have a maximum duration of only 2 hours and will take place in the evenings and/or Saturdays and you will be taught and assessed by experienced academics and professionals. You will also have a six-month period to prepare your dissertation. (See the complete set of MBA Course Modules).
MBA Procurement Pathway
This MBA programme is the only one in Cyprus that offers the Procurement pathway. This specialisation is characterized by its interdisciplinary content and offers a professional procurement insight in order for students to make a direct impact on the public and private companies and institutions they are associated with. It capitalizes from recent research projects of the Alexander Research Centre on Public/Private Procurement Legislation and Implementation in order to gain a substantiated view on the topic. This pathway is ideal for public purchasers, private tenderers and students interested in a career in managing procurement.
- To provide a thorough understanding of the core management disciplines, namely organisation theory, the economic and legal environment of a business, accounting and research methods, finance, marketing, information technology and innovation, and the processes and practices of management and procurement;
- To provide students with sufficient knowledge and insights into the role of business administration and procurement in enterprise and society in order to function professionally and reflect on societal issues;
- To prepare students with the appropriate academic knowledge and abilities in order to assume or advance to leading roles and responsibilities in the business and public sector, or further their studies;
- To provide students with an overall view of the management of an organisation in a changing context;
- To develop the ability to organise complex efforts, integrating the results of diverse studies and analyses and producing the required product according to the established deadlines and specifications;
- To enhance specialised theoretical and practical knowledge and competencies in the field of Planning and Management of Modern public and private Procurement.
Teaching and Learning
The course is taught through a diverse mix of learning environments including lectures, seminars, tutor-led assignments and independent student-led projects plus essential independent study including research, online work and preparation for assessment.
You will be assessed through a combination of coursework and examinations which, aim to assess not only what you know but also the attributes that are valued by employers including teamwork, communication and presentation skills, IT and numeracy skills, project and time management skills as well as the intellectual skills of problem solving, critical thinking, analysis and evaluation, creativity and innovation. Assignments will be varied and will include essays, reports, business plans, applied research projects, presentations plus self-evaluation.